External TV Aerial Masts

jo3

Jul 3, 2007
Visit site
On many of the sites we have visited we have been unable to get a decent picture on the TV. Bought a cheap Freeview box but rarely any use either.

We are not that concerned about having a TV picture but if the external aerials on a mast are any good, and not to much hassle to erect and dismantle, we would buy one.

Any advice and what do they cost?

Thanks.

Sep 8, 2004
Visit site
i forgot to add the uni-plates{its best to have 2]stick to the side of the van like the proverbial to a blanket then clamp on the brackets to the plates then just slid each section of the mast down the bracket,appologies if i have made it sound complicated but it is'nt,the plates by the way stay on the side of the van,i have just changed my van and had to buy 2 more pates[

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Jo there are several ways around this problem the above answers are correct but you could also buy a small tv aerial

from argos and a hitch bracket and away you go Oh and of course some cable . If you want to go to the extreme you could also go along the satellite route,like the ones in Aldi or Maplins who have had them on offer recently. I hope this is of some help for you good luck.

Sir Roger

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Hello all , I have just come back from a beautiful week in Northumberland , whilst stopping on a site near bamburg we had absolutely perfect reception on the omni-status unit for both analogue and digital viewing . Its the first time I have known this , not a hint of freezing or double vision , really perfect . Maybe they have boosted there digital signal to assist sales figures of freeview packages , anyway , the recently purchased Aldi SAT system I have never got the chance to show its talents off , perhaps on the next trip . So you can't always generalise that the status -omni is poor .---- Steve .

Sep 8, 2004
Visit site
you must have been within a few miles of a transmitter rosies,even grade uk who make them concede that they are not a patch on the directional aerial,the omni has been pretty much standard on 'vans for quite a few years but theres no way i would pay for one if it was not standard kit,they are definately a case of not getting what you pay for.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts