external tv socket

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi i am wundering if any one could tell me how to fit an external tv socket preferabily in the battery box i have a bailey ranger 550/6 and the supplied arial is pure rubbish many thanks

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
I have a T.V. socket of the type seen fixed to skirting boards in the home - no need for it to be weatherproof since it is inside the battery box - the co-ax cable from the back of the socket goes through into the bed box behind with plenty of sealant between the socket and the battery box wall. The cable ends up connected to a flush socket placed near where the T.V. sits which then needs about twelve inches of co-ax lead to connect to the flush socket. This short lead has right angled co-ax connectors to save space.

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I bought an external socket with an opening lid. It's only about 1 1/2' square and about 1/2' deep. I t came with about 5 mtrs of cable. I mounted it underneath the van and ran the cable up inside to the booster. Works brilliantly. No promlems with the weather as the lid snaps shut. I think I bought it from Jackson's of Old Arley.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts