Extra Money for Matertity Food

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Ok i'm a bloke so it don't effect me but I've heard today on the news that all pregnant women, who get to 29 weeks in their pregnancy, will be eligable, from April, to receive an additional one off payment of around £200.00. What is this for?

To spend on healthy food.

Along with the money there will be advise on how they can eat healthier. Who is going to monitor this and how on earth is it going to work?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I've just this minute heard that on the news Mal. What other stupid gimmicks are they going to come up with? It makes me wonder how mothers have coped throughout the centuries. It's stopping mothers from taking dope and smoking during pregnancy they need to concentrate on, not giving them more money to spend on crack. How much longer have these fools got to run in government?

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
BUT ....... if a woman didn't spend money on healthy food previously what on earth makes the government (or anyone else) think she will spend the handout on healthy food ??

I can think of some "Vicky Pollards" that will be jumping for joy at the thought of more money for alcohol, fags, burgers and bingo.

Steve

May 12, 2006
Visit site
WOW Frank you HAVE surprised me. lol

I know " walking on water " used to be easy until those b*$$*y Romans put these holes in my hands and feet !!!

Frank

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts