F.A.O. Clubman re: Union Lido

May 13, 2006
Visit site
HI clubman. Been reading your post about Union Lido were thinking of going there next August could you tell me anything more about on site restaurants snack bars etc and what price you can be expected to pay or any other info you may think relevant. I have seen some of the footage for this site on you tube it looks amazing. Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Wendy. Where to begin..well Union Lido is huge but you wouldn't know it. Whilst I believe there are hundreds of pitches as opposed to tens, you still get the feeling of a small intimate site due to its lay out. The site has its own beach which is cleaned daily. There you will find the usual beach activities including opportunities to venture forth on the high seas on a saling boat for the day. The water temp in August will be a very comfortable 22 - 25*. The sea is clean for swimming. The site has a number of restaurants, creperies and ice cream parlours. In addition there is an on site greengrocer and boulangerie (whatever the Italian is for that). You can purchase newspapers, postcards etc. In the evening there is often outdoor entertainment of sorts. It has the most amazing water complex for all ages. Union Lido is approx 30 minutes by bus (stop just outside camp) from Punte Sabbioni which is the ferry terminal for Venice approx 40 minutes sail away across the Venice Lagoon. Pitches vary in size, some are serviced, the biggest pitches are in the Parco which is opened when the site gets busy, and it does. Union Lido is a village in itself and there is really no need to go out of the gate whilst you are there, but if you do you will find the real Italy in the surrounding villages with excellent fish restaurants, piazzerias etc. All this comes at a price tho' I am afraid and the site is not cheap, I would suggest that if you are thinking of travelling there in August

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for all the info clubman. We have just booked the site for next years hols so all we need to do now it sit back and wait!!! (Trying not to wish our lives away)Could you also tell me if the shops on site are any more expensive than those you may find outside i.e groceries etc?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wendy

I am afraid I can't help you on shop prices etc. I am happy to drive, navigate, set up the unit, empty the loo even go for the papers but true shopping I am sorry that is the responsibilty of my other (better?) half. Sorry if this offends but I come over all funny at the the thought of it. However I think you can assume that prices on site will be a tad more expensive than outside the wire. There are small Tesco Express shops in the area as I remember, especially at C'Savio "down the road". Glad to see that you have been able to reserve a pitch, something we couldn't do previously.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts