Fairlight Wood. Wardens

DJP

May 12, 2006
Visit site
We don't know if anybody else has had problems with the wardens at Fairlight, but we have just cut short our stay due to their over the top attitude towards our dog. On Friday evening we were inside the awning eating our dinner, our dog (cocker spaniel) was off the lead inside the awning with us. We were told in no uncertain terms that if we do not put the dog on a lead we would be asked to leave! He was inside the awning, and is a very well behaved dog.

We appreciate that wardens must come across some problem people but the more we thought about it the more this wound us up, we have never had any bother from c/c or commercial sites before, and felt like we were under supervision. We decided to leave next morning, and we are complaining to the club about their over zealous attitude and lack of common sence. They are only interested in rules and regulations.

At the same time of them complaining to us, other members kids were causing havoc with bows and arrows,(not real arrows!)and constantly running over our tv booster and hook up cables, causing one to get their bike caugh up and damaging the tv cable, yet this was not stopped. It seems they are very anti-dog at this site, but is was their unfriendly nature ans attitude what did it for us.

DJP

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
It sounds more like the warden is a dog hater to me. We all know there are people out there who believe that dogs should be shot. I realise it probably won't get you anywhere but if it was me I would put a complaint in writing to the club. If others did likewise then H.Q. might then begin to realise that there is a problem with this warden. Thankfully I've had no problems regarding my dogs at club or commercial sites, probably because most wardens are dog owners.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts