Fallbarrow Park, Lake Windemere

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I read nothing but good reports about this site before we went, but frankly, we found it very overcrowded with static caravans and overpriced. For nearly £25.00 per night, I did expect something more. Their Website does not show how overcrowded it is and the facilities were not that good. Location wise, it won hands down, perhaps that was what we were paying for.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Barbara,

have to agree with you,we have been going here on and off for the past 20yrs.

They used to have lots more touring pitches on grass.I think this helped with the general atmosphere of the site.We had a gap of a good few years,then returned in July this year,we were able to get a pitch at short notice,you could not have done this years ago,it was always fully booked at peak times.When we arrived there was quite a few empty pitches.

I think this proves your point.We will not return,its lost that something special,its just another site.

regards john.b.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can't comment directly but we went to the sister park 'Limefitt' again this year, the first time since they were both taken over. Prices had increased very significantly and the park was full of huge tents to maximise numbers and noise on each pitch. I had definitely lost its uniqueness ... I'm afraid that's what happens when lovely family sites get taken over by big holiday companies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts