FAO Damian

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa

I really do not know about the hire vans, I know that under current regulations that wood burners in leisure vehicles are illegal, but if the hire vans are original and not recent copies they may get away with it as it was ok "when they were built"

The sale van is illegal as it is a recent addition and not part of the original build.

Having said all that, there is nothing to stop anyone doing anything to their van, but if it all goes wrong, they have to be prepared to payout huge amounts of money in fines and compensation, as well as spending a long time in prison as well.

I will try and find a definite answer from my more learned colleagues in the H&S executive.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Damian

Thanks for the reply. This is something I'm quite interested in, particularly where the showman caravans are concerned, you know why.

We had a discussion at work about multi fuel burners which had been correctly installed with the correct flue and some of my colleagues said they couldn't really see a problem with them. Although that is their personal opinion and not that of the Service.

Yes, please ask the HSE, I'm really interested to find out the answer.

Kind regards.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am not entirely sure, but the definition of a leisure vehicle implies it is one designed to be driven or towed on the public highway.

Static caravans and mobile homes are designed to be driven or towed and thus would not be covered by that definition. However there may be other regulations that control what type of fuel burning appliances can be fitted into static caravans and mobile homes.

There may also be some wording that differentiates between open and closed solid fuel burning appliances.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts