FAO His Moddyship

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Your excellency, your most reverable personage, you who are all knowing and stands guard on our morals, I have a question for you.

May we, under your good providential guidance, have a forum where members can list good CLs, listing their pro's and cons. It would be nice if we could also warn each other of bad sites like on other forums but if that breaks Haymarkets rules so be it. Norfolk Mike said he will second my proposal.

We await your divine judgement on us mere mortals request.

Mar 22, 2006
Visit site
I totaly agree.

It isnt just to find out about good sites but also to be able to share good finds.

To start the ball rolling I would like to recommend

59 Stright Rd

Boxted

Colchester

We have been very warmly welcomed to this site, Ella the site owner is more than happy to provide lots of local information. The site itself has filds with horses on two of its sides (the 3rd side has about 5 vans in storage but it really isnt intrusive). It is only about 5 miles from the centre of Colchester. I would recommend this site to any one.Just be careful on the way in / out as it is a narrow entrance.

Kind Regards

John

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
How could anyone resist such elequence.

And I confirm the seconding of the proposal befor you today.

( we could also do with a forlock toutching icon)

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
To the Moderator,

Are you able to give us an answer re: having a separate thread for info.on CL's? It would be nice if we could get this.
Maureen

My current PC has yet another booklet called UK Caravan Parks Guide in with it, now lets be purley comercial. The sites in this booklet have paid good money to PC to have thier sites included in the book, we CL owners rearly advertise in PC so are of no source of income and if part of the forum was dedicated to CLs good or bad in the long term this could be loss of income to PC. Sad as it may be it is I fear a fact of commercial life. But dispite this problem my CL is haveing a record season and sadly for us and our protental visitors we are haveing to turn some away, we learnt to count to 5 this winter !

David from Suffolk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
David,

If we lived a little nearer,we would come to you,but unfortunately we are at opposite ends of the country.I'm glad to know that business is good for you anyway.Suffolk is a lovely part of the country.

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Come on David, dont be shy.

The forhum could adopt you, that way you would be full all year.

And us Nofolk folk would have a good reason to cross the boarder. As a matter of interest are you the David who was going to show me how to cook a cow on a Cardac.

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Mike and Wendy

we are just outside Mildenhall, a small village called Holywell Row, Our CL is a corner of a medow, we have the usual facilities, hook ups, several water taps, waste disposal, and an information summer house, The soil is sandy so wet weather is no problem re getting on or off, life is not perfect so on what for some could be a down side but others a plus we are between 2 air bases. Mildenhall and Lakenheath. .I would add most of our visitors do not find this a problem . As for the cow that could be a problem I feel she may object, and that would just be her indoors, but we do find the odd wild sausage running about that if you can catch it make good eating.

We find running our CL gives us alot of fun , we meet lots of interesting people from all walks of life, and very very few have caused problems, we do have some who try to lead me astray with all sorts of strange liquids, but I do try to resist.

The income is of value to our small farm. but most of all it alows us to have some time away in our caravan.

We would love to see you both but please I hope I have not painted to roseier a picture of our CL

David from Suffolk

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks David,

We know exactly where you are, we are regular visitors to the Covert which is about twenty five miles from us, so it's not much further up the road. We may well give you a look, your CL sounds really nice. :O)

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Thanks David,

We know exactly where you are, we are regular visitors to the Covert which is about twenty five miles from us, so it's not much further up the road. We may well give you a look, your CL sounds really nice. :O)
Wendy

I forgot to add, I would hate to have over sold our CL have a look at 5van.com. you can see some pics etc.

David from Suffolk

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Lord B

many thanks

Quite pleased you are so fare away I would realy hate for you to bring bottles of that brown falling down water so fare south and then expect me to drink it.

David from Suffolk

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lord B

many thanks

Quite pleased you are so fare away I would realy hate for you to bring bottles of that brown falling down water so fare south and then expect me to drink it.

David from Suffolk
We are on the west side David, not north hehheh! Our falling down water is a golden colour, scrumpy.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
We are on the west side David, not north hehheh! Our falling down water is a golden colour, scrumpy.
Sorry Lord B

Silly me. But Scrumpy, saved from a fate worse than death. I know been there and done that with scrumpy hence I was converted to that stuff from up north

But should you ever venture this fare east haveing cleared customs give us a call.

David from Suffolk

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
was there yesterday, trying to get bits for my poorly whale tap.

'sorry guv new tap needed.

I ask you a bit of cold weather and taps fall to pieces.

design ????

con job more like.

sorry to ramble its age dont you know.

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

From a little village between Thetford and Diss.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
was there yesterday, trying to get bits for my poorly whale tap.

'sorry guv new tap needed.

I ask you a bit of cold weather and taps fall to pieces.

design ????

con job more like.

sorry to ramble its age dont you know.

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

From a little village between Thetford and Diss.
Mike

give Roger a call on 01603623102 see if he can help, runs a small caravan repair workshop. 2 Bessemer RD Norwich.

David From suffolk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord B

many thanks

David from Suffolk
Lord B. if you are in a generous frame of mind you could also bring some of that brown falling down water, whether it is Scrumpy or the delights of Ireland/Scotland, west and leave it at a well known estate in Bridgend.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts