fao Lutz.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi Lutz. Herself and I will be passing through Germany at the beginning of June en route to Denmark and Sweden. In your opinion which route should we take, and are you likely to be anywhere near where we would be, if you understand! We will be leaving St Omer on June 2, and need to be in Hoor, Sweden by June 16, and can travel not more than 200 miles a day.
After a week in Sweden, we'll be heading back through Denmark, then hopefully, Berlin, Leipzig and Dresden to Prague, Brno, then Vienna.None of this route is cast in stone, except Hoor, Vienna and St Omer. Our return ferry is booked for August 5.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
I will ask Parksy to forward you my email.
Cheers,
Emmerson

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The route from St Omer to the German border is, I think, pretty straighforward. Unless you plan to take a big detour I take it you will probably go via Gent, Antwerp and Eindhoven. Your biggest option will be once you get to Hamburg and you have to decide whether to drive the land route through Jutland or to take the ferry from Puttgarden to Rødbyhavn or even the longer ferry crossing from Travemünde to Trelleborg. I guess it's a matter of personal preference and, of course, cost.
There are quite a few different ways of getting from Höör to Vienna. The shortest would be using the Ystad-Swinoujscie ferry, taking you through western Poland before following the Polish/German border on the German side. Probably a better bet, although it will involve a bit more driving, would be the Trelleborg-Warnemünde ferry, in which case you would have a chance to do some sightseeing in Berlin without a detour.
I live basically right in the middle of the triangle St Omer/Höör/Vienna so it's unlikely that you would be passing very close to my place.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi Lutz. One thing I forgot to say is that we have two dogs, so will only want to use the minimum of ferries, and the shortest possible crossings. Thanks for the advice; I'll check it all out on our maps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts