FAO Parksy... International Space Station

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Rita, that's really good.
It's strange to think that an object which covers a similar area to that of 2 jumbo jets flying side by side in space is the brightest thing in the sky when it's visible here.
The International Space Station is visible during early evening from the UK at the moment complete with the space shuttle Discovery which is currently on it's final mission.
From the Midlands the ISS wil be visible this evening at 7.39pm

Click Here and enter the nearest city to your locality to find out the dates and times when the ISS will be visible over the UK where you live if there are clear skies.

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
Brrrrrrr Just been out and walked half a mile to get out of the street lights to watched the ISS pass over

Its a lovely starry night out there Just the sort of night to be in caravan in the middle of nowhere with telescope

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I missed it this evening, it's cloudless here as well but we had vsitors so I forgot about it.
The ISS should be visible until the 9th of this month so I'll have a look tomorrow when it's about an hour earlier. The trouble is that I left my binoculars in the caravan which is in storage ten miles away, I was using them last week on our first trip out with the caravan.

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
Was to cloudy tonight :-(

I got Binoculars in House and car and a scope as well But realy need a better one for night time

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It was grey and overcast this evening here as well Rita.
Mind you, I don't know why I bother, the astronauts never waved the last time we saw them go over
lol.gif

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad I saw this thread. I checked the Nasa site earlier and was just in time to *** out and see the space station just before 7pm...luckily there was a gap in the clouds. I'll have another look tomorrow about 7.23 as it looks like it should be clear.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's a clear evening here so I'll be having a look to the west south west in about 19 minutes time

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I had a good sighting this evening as both the ISS and the space shuttle Discovery in front of it (fortunately not made by Land Rover
smiley-wink.gif
) made their majestic progress across the western sky.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts