FAO Sparkes

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve

Question for you -

I have an lcd screen and a thunderbug (thrip) got behind it. We had an email circulated at work a few months ago about this(but I can't remember what it said). Anyway, I decided to squash the thrip so there it is sitting in the middle of the screen, dead.

Do they do any damage to the screen etc when they are alive? and what attracts them to screens (is it the light?). What should I do if I get another one behind the screen?

We have been absolutely innundated with people who have battery operated smoke alarms which have been contaminated with thrips which set their alarms off, it's been manic to say the least!

Lisa.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Lisa

I have never come across this issue at all. The back of an LCD screen is very warm and parts can be very bright so that may be the reason for the attraction.

As for damage, the body of insects are conductive and I have had a 17inch screen give off a mighty bang at one time and expire. Once opened it was found that a spider had decided to commit suicide by shorting out the power connectors on the main board.

Steve

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply. Poor spider!

I'll just have to hope no more thrips get behind my screen, little blighters.

Lisa.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hello Steve & Lisa

We had 3 screen sins we had owe computer which is just over a year oil now one of them the son not off the decks which mark the screen.

When we got owe pc we got free cover for the screen for 4 years.

Thank god.

Mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts