FAO Swift

Dec 28, 2006
Visit site
Hi

I know that someone at Swift monitors this site so hope I reach the right person.

Swift Case No EAS 000210

In January of this year I had my van serviced and raised several matters that I wanted repaired under warranty:

1. Central front window (known problem)

2. Intermittent operation of light on fridge/freezer

3. Moulding loose in toilet area

4. Cracking of the ventilation boards bench seats

5. Small light over central mirror falling apart.

When the van was serviced the dealer was informed that it would be going onto a seasonal pitch in the West Country in March, this was delayed until April as the parts had still not been received. No news from dealer so van went to West Country without repairs.

Since then I have contacted the dealer regularly, and received no response, until last week when I was informed that the window was probably in and that items 4 & 5 would not be repaired as Swift did not consider them items to be repaired under warranty. No mention of the required unit for the fridge/freezer.

I do not consider this to be an acceptable level of service. The dealer blames Swift and says they have only recently updated the claim details.

Over to you..

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi Barking

I sympathise with you and although I can't help you get your parts thought I would share my story.

We have 2009 Swift Charisma 570. We are brand new to caravanning and bought a brand new van! We have had a few niggles which our dealer has sorted however whilst away for half-term in May our shower hose sheared off. We have one of those taps that you pull out of the sink and clip into a hook to shower. I prefer using the shower in the van and its easier for me to shower the kids in the van.

Anyway I was quite happy showering away, on a super pitch so no chance of the aquaroll running dry either! The water just stopped but the pump was still going. Anyway in my semi-soaped state I took the front panel off the sink and saw the metal protective shower hose has snapped and the plastic water pipe underneath was kinked resulting in no water. I took the shower head down, released the kink and rinsed myself off.

Needless to say we used site facilities for the rest of the week and on our return reported it to the dealer. They said they would organise a part and as it was only a 5 minute job would replace it on a Saturday morning. Our van is on storage and its difficult to access during the week with my husbands working hours.

We later got a phone call saying that Swift wouldn't cover this under the warranty as the dealer should have spotted it at the PDI. I'm not sure how the dealer was supposed to know that the pipe would fail after 6 months and 4 trips. My husband rang Swift customer services and pointed out that the pipe was lethally sharp and had the children accessed it they would be looking at more than a claim for a replacement shower hose.

The part is now on order and the dealer will be replacing it before our big holiday in 3 weeks, all under warranty!

A victory for the little guy, or soapy woman in this case, lol!

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi Andy

Swift are sending the part to our dealer following my husbands call to customer services. I'm happy that it has been sorted but disappointed that on a van only 6 months old the dealer was intially told that it was not covered under the warranty. We bought brand new as we wanted the reassurance that if anything went wrong in the first year at least it would be covered.

The part is due into our dealer on 29th June so I will of course let you know if it doesn't arrive!

Regards

Louise

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi Andy

Swift are sending the part to our dealer following my husbands call to customer services. I'm happy that it has been sorted but disappointed that on a van only 6 months old the dealer was intially told that it was not covered under the warranty. We bought brand new as we wanted the reassurance that if anything went wrong in the first year at least it would be covered.

The part is due into our dealer on 29th June so I will of course let you know if it doesn't arrive!

Regards

Louise
Well all i can say is your lucky if you get it sorted out in under 18 months ! swift have a habbit of takeing there time ! may be they need to put the customer first ! i wont buy a swift group van ever again, and i have allways bout from this group !.

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Barking,

I am very sorry but I have not recieved an email from you on the 26/06/09.

Can you confirm if you emailed me aspacey@swiftleisure.co.uk or another email address, if you can forward this to me I will look into it in the morning,

Thanks

Andy

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi - just thought I would praise Swift. Our van is back from the dealers today with the new shower hose and a new seal on the door. The dealer sorted a couple of other little things and we are all ready for the off on Saturday. St Ives for 2 weeks and the weather is going to be lovely 'cos I'm only taking shorts - and wine, lol!

Dec 28, 2006
Visit site
Hi Andy

Yes that is the email address I used, I have since been contacted by your customer service department and at this point in time it looks as though the problems I have experienced will be resolved by Swift.

However I am still fairly convinced the problems were the fault of the dealer that dealt with my initial claim and would like to know what happenend (or didn't) to delay things so much.

Regards

Barking

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi Barking,

I had a similar problem with a large East Nottingham dealership last year, over warranty issues. After being ignored, this is what I did:

Sent the MD, Service Manager et al a letter stating my complaint. In each letter I enclosed a copy of the County Court Summons I intended to submit to the County Court within 48 hours and, hey presto, immediate personal grovelling phone from service manager, problem looked into, and parts supplied. Still had to fit them myself though! Try it, it seems to work.

G

Hi - just thought I would praise Swift. Our van is back from the dealers today with the new shower hose and a new seal on the door. The dealer sorted a couple of other little things and we are all ready for the off on Saturday. St Ives for 2 weeks and the weather is going to be lovely 'cos I'm only taking shorts - and wine, lol!
TOPLESS & On the wine should go down well In St Ives

"I'm only taking shorts" {:cool:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts