Fast towing

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Just heard that a Porsche Cayenne Turbo towing a 1500kg twin axle has broken the world speed record both for twin axle caravans and for regular production caravans at a speed of 128.56mph. The mind boggles!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I tow my Bucc Cruiser with the Cayenne turbo. You can tell it has the ability to tow at those sort of speeds. Next time I'm on the M25 I think I'll try and set a new record.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The outfit in question actually came to within 1 mph of the outright world speed record for towing a trailer! Not bad for an unmodified car and caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wow! That is so impressive and sooo useful. OK on a test track, what happens when you have to make an emergency stop? To much watching Jeremy Clarkson and his boy racer buddies methinks!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have just seen what could possibly be THE towcar to beat all others - a Hummer!! It's so wide there is no need for extra mirrors, the wheels are so big that you wouldn't bother to go round things, just go over them and, it made the Discovery it was parked next to, look like a model. Reckon it could tow a train! Amazing looking vehicle but I'm not sure I could cope with the fuel consumption!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts