Favourite sites in Dumfries and Galloway

BryonySymes

Administrator
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Our next County Counsel feature is all about the delights of Dumfries and Galloway. Do any of you have site recommendations in the county? We've found some great ones, but I'm sure there are more gems out there that we'd love to know about!

Thanks,

Bryony

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We would go for New England Bay CAMC site near Stranraer. It is on a slope overlooking the sea with beachside pitches in a well sheltered location and plenty of room. Facilties include an indoor games room. For a great peaceful break it is hard to beat with good roads for access.
For a family site Brighouse Bay is hard to beat and must be one of the best sites in the area.
Southerness has great flat pitches and good facilities although possibly too many statics for some but right on coast if you want a beach.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Castle Bay caravan site Portpatrick is a great location particularly if you pitch your caravan near the castle, unfortunately it is only the location that I can recommend as the facilities are wantinglacking, if there was a major upgrade to the toilet block and water and disposal services I would probably re-visit the site.

Anseo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts