Feet of steps damage awning carpet

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
We have just invested in a Vango air awning and carpet and are very pleased with them. Also, a new step with hand rail. At our last site due to levels we had quite a step down to the first step and on leaving found the feet of the step had made quite an impression in the carpet to say I think another week would have caused a hole. In the past we have tried wood under the step but it slips, so just wondered if anyone else had solved this problem

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Yes. Milenco aluminium steps like these

Certainly not cheap, but IMHO by far the best and most stable. If you need a handrail, I'd be inclined towards something that could be rigidly attached to the 'van, rather than integral to the steps.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Not tried myself, so don't know how slippy, but how about a few of those awning floor tiles that fit together?
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our metal two step unit has four feet and to protect the awning carpet we place two squares of old breathable type rubberised awning carpet under the step and under the main awning carpet. It protects the awning carpet from the gravel on hard standings and also from any potential damage caused by the feet of the step.

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I need a handrail to steady myself (creaky knees !). We have bought a set of Quest steps with handrail as shown in the link.. Awning tiles sound good though. Thanks for your help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts