Ferry Cancelled

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Just had ferry to Calais cancelled.
The "FerryLink" firm have obviously had enough of strikes and demonstrations, and cancelled all sailings.
Found alternative route to Dunkirk with DFDS.
Bit more expense, but bearable.
Times varied a lot, but not much choice in circumstances.
Had full refund very quickly, so that's done and dusted satisfactorily.
Those in need better get booking quickly

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Pedro, I've been crossing the channel for many years now, and have only once used anything other than DFDS/Norfolk to Dunkirk. The one exception was last year when I had to travel P&O to Calais, and will never do it again!
Enjoy your trip.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Pedr0........My FerryLink's two ships have not sailed since July 1st this year when DFDS bought them.

They are currently occupied by their striking French crews in the Port of Calais.
The strike is about the new owners of MyFerryLink proposal to make some of the workers redundant.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid there is chaos at Calais with a few strikers turning France into a laughing stock and making life difficult for the rest of us. I gather there have also been problems at Caen and other ferry ports caused by a different dispute by farmers. Must be costing the French economy millions and will put many off next year as well.
We were in Paris a few weeks back when the taxi drivers were on strike. They blocked roads at stations and airports with their taxis and the Police did nothing. It is a different world. We were lucky in the event because we came back through the tunnel when there was no trouble but were worried. It is making us wonder if it is worth the effort next year and we will probably not go or if we do it will be the ferry to Spain.

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Latest issue is the blocking lorries from UK with fresh fish and food being ruined by poring diesel over it and damaging the trucks. Its ransom time.
French never pay for riot damage as proven when they robbed the meat lorries going to France.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
As it happens, we were due thruogh the tunnel in early September, and only tonight we have scrapped the idea and booked Harwich - Hook of Holland with Stena. Just not worth the risk of delays for us.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Thingy said:
As it happens, we were due thruogh the tunnel in early September, and only tonight we have scrapped the idea and booked Harwich - Hook of Holland with Stena. Just not worth the risk of delays for us.

I think it is you and a lot of others. It is time the French joined the real world.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts