FERRY MEADOWS

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
We have just returned from a week at Ferry Meadows We liked the site very much for the walks around nean valley park
and the distance between the caravans
During the week the site was empty but on the weekends every pitch was full
However we did feel let down on the usual standards we have found on the Caravan Club Sites for the following reasons
1. Nobody seemed to want to mop out the showers when they had finished so when we came to use them they were not so clean on one occassion when I was mopping out mine somebody came out of the shower next to mine so I passed him the mop but it was only a one hand job and done reluctantly I felt.
2. In the bushes we found people had let there dogs go to the toilet without cleaning up after them.
3. When I went into the shop two small girls were in buying sweets and the lady warden said ' come on girls you have spent enough time to spend twenty pence I found this really rude.
Finally the reason we went to Ferry Meadows was to attend the funeral of my Brother which I told the wardens when booking my sister in law is at a loss losing her husband my brother so the day after the funeral I told her to come a spend the day with us.
She brought with her her mother who is 90 years old and cannot walk very well as the site was empty and we were the only caravan on site in our sector I said bring the caravan close to the front of the caravan so her mother does not have to walk.
Well within an hour the warden was at the door not offering his condolences no he was there to say you cannot have a visitors car at the caravan even though I explained to him about my sister in laws 90 year old mother added to the fact I did bnot need this after my brothers funeral the day before.
Yes I accept what I had done was break the rules of the Caravan Club but some compasion could and should have been shown by the warden I feel.
For me it has left a bad taste in my mouth as far as Ferry Meadows and the Caravan Club are concerned.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
High John I have been using Ferry Meadows on a regular basis since 2001 , and I agree with your comments regarding Items 1 & 2.
Its the attitude of the Public that seems to have changed over the years , the subject of cleaning out the showers after use has been the subject of numerious discussions , one person actually quoted , I do not use the mop reason health and safety, read into that .
There is one particular warden who is very grumpy, sounds like you had the missfortune of crossing his path.
The head wardens bungalow, is adjacent to the booking in office , Im sure they would have let you park the car temporay had they known your circumstances.
I speak through experience , one year I was about to depart to travel towards Scotland , when my wife suddenly collapsed, resulting a stay in Peterborough Hospital for 48 hrs.The warden not only kindly cancelled all my future bookings qty 7 various stop overs traverling to and from Scotland, but allowed me to stay a further 8 nights .
A lot of tension is arising through the number of people arriving on site each day, hrs before the 12 oclock admission , and are being turned away to return after noon.
It is a lovely site loads of walking and cycling, free of traffic, I hope you return again to enjoy it.
Royston

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts