Ferry Prices Ireland

May 21, 2008
Visit site
We are thinking of taking our caravan to southern Ireland at the end of July to visit the wife's sister. But so far the ferry cost's seem to be very expensive.

Does anyone know of the cheapest way to get a car and caravan with a total length of 38ft or 11.7 Mtrs to southern Ireland?

Is there a freight ferry for instance, we don't expect to travel 5 star, but the prices so far seem to be gold plated.

Anyones assistance is much appreciated.

Cheers.

Steve.

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Try the caravan club I am not sure but they had what looked to be a good rate in the last mag. Even if you just joined for that I thought it was good. I can't remember the full details but as I was thinking of going next year it struck a cord.

ttfn

May 12, 2005
Visit site
steve,

About 4yrs ago we went with "Merchant Ferries" from Liverpool to Dublin they are a freight carrier, got a special offer 99 pounds return, but it was in June. Worth a phone call.

good luck Tony A.

Mar 21, 2006
Visit site
On certain crossings the caravan can go free i know this happens on the carnryan to larne ruote i know larne is Northern ireland but on the way down you can visit some off the most beautiful parts of ireland ie the gaints causeway, Mounre mountians fermanagh lakeland easy to tell i live in the north of ireland but come on over for the crack!

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
i am living in ni so if you said where roughly were you were going i can give you a better route.but one of the best is belfast to heysham,i have done it in both ditections and it was fine.forward more details as there are other freight services which are good but basic/chris

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Chris.

Sorry for the late reply I work shifts and don't always get to go on the pc.

We are trying to get down to tipperaery but would like to take the cravans. So far the prices ar very steep. As we live in Herefordshire we are midway between Fishguard and Liverpool so any port would suit. Shorter would be better for the crossing as one of the party does not like the sea.

Cheers.

Steve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts