Fiamma Door Locks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I have been thinking of purchasing one of these security devices.

Have any of you any experience or comments about them, including any DIY problems fitting them etc..

The one with the grab handle takes my eye as my wife is disabled and it would be make entry and exit safer for her.

Any information will be much appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dave, I fitted one of these our caravan a couple of years ago, mainly for assisting us into the caravan with our disabled son. The lock swings out of the way when not in use but gives a very good hand grip when entering or leaving the van, (I also made up some very strong double steps). It gives a double secuirty to the van also. They come in two sizes and the longer version suited us, the kits comes complete with bolts and a base plate for inside spread of load, but.... when fitting you must drill the holes very squarely to the body as the holes will not line up with the plates inside, everything is finished off with plastic caps on the inside to neaten the fixings. When we change our caravan we will definately fit another as we cannot rerally take off the existing one. Good luck with it, Tony

Sep 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dave, I fitted one of these our caravan a couple of years ago, mainly for assisting us into the caravan with our disabled son. The lock swings out of the way when not in use but gives a very good hand grip when entering or leaving the van, (I also made up some very strong double steps). It gives a double secuirty to the van also. They come in two sizes and the longer version suited us, the kits comes complete with bolts and a base plate for inside spread of load, but.... when fitting you must drill the holes very squarely to the body as the holes will not line up with the plates inside, everything is finished off with plastic caps on the inside to neaten the fixings. When we change our caravan we will definately fit another as we cannot rerally take off the existing one. Good luck with it, Tony
Am also thinking about fitting one of these as an additional bit of security. Is there any problem with damp getting into the van as a result of drilling through the wall?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Tony,

many thanks for your reply, your feedback is all positive therefore I will go ahead and fit one.

Happy vanning.

Dave

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Am also thinking about fitting one of these as an additional bit of security. Is there any problem with damp getting into the van as a result of drilling through the wall?
No problem at all, I seem to remember the kit coming with two rubber gaskets for the outside, being a belt and braces sort of person I smeared sealant on both sides of the gasket prior to fixing then wiped of the squeezed out surplus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts