FIAMMA ROLL OUT

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I am considering fitting a Fiamma Roll out Canopy to my caravan. Age and mobility decree that this would be a better option, than fighting with a framed unit, as in the past.
I would like advice - Yea or Nay regarding this.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Don't forget it's likely to be a two man job, especially the rolling it back up? That's why we discounted it. I can sit in the wheelchair and hold poles but not able to stand unsupported to roll up a fiamma.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A friend had a roll out awning on his Bailey, he only used it once as it was too heavy and akward to stow away,

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried one for a fortnight in Scotland. Used it four times and had to roll it up every time the wind blew The fourth time it ripped along the awning rail.I took it back to the dealer who had lent it to me. Don't know what he did with it.Great fine weather awning, though.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Ive owned one for years now and wouldnt be without one.
I have the 4.4mts one and yes takes 2 to roll out and put away but you can have a dry area in 1 min and you can put away wet in a couple of mins. Stopped using an awning because of this, i have the sides and the front.Take this to France no extra weight.
We are regular caravanners and use all through the year.
Yes can flap in the wind, no difference to an awning? but never had 1 rip (touch wood) i use proper storm straps and make sure you have a slope on it for the water to drain off.
Other than that a great piece of kit.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Great product in the right circumstances. I have put up a 3m one single handed, but it's really a twp person job. It also helps if one of them is around 6ft tall, then you can use the caravan step. Otherwise you need something like a hop-up.

Release the end fixings first then the centre and let the top hang down the side of the van. Walk the centre away from the van (one person) while the other puls out the leg/side rafter combination at one end and extends each by about half. Then extend the side rafter at one end and fit into socket at end of bag. Repeat at other end Then progressively lengthen each leg and tighten each end rafter. If you are tall you can do the latter standing on the ground, if not you will need to have firm step or other support to work from.

Taking down is the reverse of the above, winding the blind up and securing it first with the centre fastening first, then doing each end in turn. Probably the hardest part is holding up the rolled up blind while securing the centre fastening.

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I bought a second hand Caravanstore 8 years ago and have not used an awning since. They are able to be put up in a matter of minutes once you have worked out a "system" and although it is best as a two person job it can be done alone ( with the help of the caravan step). Having recently changed the van I have also bought a new 3.1m Caravanstore. There is no more trying to dry the awning at home or trying to predict whether it will rain before it is time to leave a site. Would not be without it.

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Can also endorse Caravanstore. Had regular, porch and air awning. This is by far the best bit of kit. Yes, best done with two persons. Be sure to get the sides and front.
We love it.
Kenzo.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We always use, DFDS, direct not through the clubs, to Dunkirk, only 15 minutes longer sea trip, las time back in October , the French were revamping the Ferry area. Have a look on overseas sites thread, lots of infon recently.

Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts