fiat bravo loss of power

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a fiat bravo, I have a loss of power to the main lights, fan and other elec bits. Can still drive the car, but only on sidelights and the wipers donot work. Have replaced the light stork it not that, it worked for a day or so and not now .any ideas

steven

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
My wife had a Brava (basically the same car) from new some years back. We had endless electrical problems including the wipers catching fire and the fumes being rapidly sucked into the car by the ventilation fan. Fully serviced on time and two week out of Guarantee with low mileage the car had oil checked before a two hundred mile trip. 150 miles along the road the oil woraning light came on, we stopped immediately and the car engine was cooked and never worked again.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just a thought - is there a voltage sensor somewhere in the system, which cuts the supply to more powerful items if the voltage drops too low. If the sensor is dodgy, it might be misbehaving.

If your car has a diagnostic socket, your best (but possibly expensive) option might be to visit a Fiat dealer for a check-up.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John, with the use of your handbook work out which fuses supply the effected circuits. Is it a single fuse or various? If a single then replace it and make sure there is no rust etc on the holder and wiring is secure. If more than one fuse then work out if they are fed from a single source. It should not be difficult with the aid of a meter to find out what is happening, although finding the exact cause may take a bit of detective work.

TRENDING THREADS