Fiat & Peugeot - driving comfort?

Jun 5, 2018
Visit site
Myself and my partner are currently looking to buy our first Motorhome. I did lots of research online before we set off to view some in the flesh so to speak. My partner is 6'1" (long legs) and has dodgy knees. To our dismay in every Fiat/Peugeot base vehicle the drivers seat position was incredibly uncomfortable for him. Not enough legroom even with the seat pushed all the way back. We had our heart set on a rear-lounge 6 berth but now realise that we will have to compromise as there are not a lot of other options out there.
Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Sorry I don't mean to be impertinent but I am 6'0" and have had three Ducatos with no problems whatsoever on seat comfort. Did you RAISE the seat? That makes a huge difference. Did you choose vans with a bulkhead immediately behind the seat? That can restrict the movement rearwards with consequent difficulties. Did you adjust the steering wheel height? That also makes a huge difference. Just can't believe that one inch more makes all that difference that you could not buy one. All my Ducato seats have been rotatable, reclinable seats with large height adjustment and movement fore and aft. In campervans where the fridge or sink is often immediately behind the driver...and in many van conversions...yes, there is a real problem but the answer is simple...don't buy one of those. There are plenty available with no such hindrance.

Jun 5, 2018
Visit site
I don't take your answer as impertinent at all. Thank you for replying.
My partner tried out the drivers seat in a few vans, fiat and Peugeot, and he found none of them particularly comfortable even using all the adjustments. He has long legs, dodgy knees and big feet (size 12). He couldn't imagine being able to drive any of them for a significant distance and we have plans to do a few long distance tours.
We have discovered Mercedes £££ to be very comfortable for him and the Transit base was OK, of course this greatly limits our choice of layout (we rather fancied an end lounge). This fly in the ointment has made our search rather more difficult and I really wondered if anyone out there has a similar experience or maybe knows of a van with plenty of leg room they could give us the heads up about.
Thanks once again for your reply, not sure I could get him to try out any more Fiats or Peugeots though (sadly, as I rather fancied a Bailey).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts