Fire at Cranham Caravans

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
If you van got damaged in the fire whilst on site for a service etc, would it be covered by the sites company insurance?

They noramlly put up disclaimer signs for normal dage ie not responsable

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mikey, no you wouldn't be able to claim on the company's insurance.

A friend of mine lost hers (one year old van) several years ago. She stored it at Lowdhams Leisure World in Nottinghamshire, they had a massive and I mean massive fire there. She lost hers and had to claim on her own insurance.

Not sure what would happen if you had no insurance, I don't think you could claim from the company in that case either but I'm not sure.

Lisa

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
My daughter & son in law's caravan was the only customer owned one that was damaged, the rest were stock. The accessories shop was destroyed completely(not the workshop as stated in the press). Seems a fire broke out in a motorhome and caused gas cylinders to explode. Believe a valve from a cylinder caused the damage to the caravan, it went straight through the side of the van and landed on the bed leaving a fair size hole all the way through. The caravan is only 3 weeks old, Swift Conqueror with the Island bed layout,cost

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
So sorry to hear about daughter and son in law's van.

Can you claim off the campervans insurance if they have proved that they have started the fire?

If your daughter claims it will push up her own insurance next time.

You would like to think the the CC would replace the van, but they only write off vans which are beyond economical repair,a new side wouldnt be ,fingers crossed they.

By the sound of it they need to be quick with replacement or repair as they have so much booked.

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
So sorry to hear about daughter and son in law's van.

Can you claim off the campervans insurance if they have proved that they have started the fire?

If your daughter claims it will push up her own insurance next time.

You would like to think the the CC would replace the van, but they only write off vans which are beyond economical repair,a new side wouldnt be ,fingers crossed they.

By the sound of it they need to be quick with replacement or repair as they have so much booked.
Thanks Mikey. Interesting point about the motorhomes insurance. I will mention this to my daughter. Sadly I think you're right about the insurance with the CC - I don't think they will replace it and unfortunately my son in law just will not accept a repair as the caravan is so new. Thing is it will devalue the van for sure and wont ever feel the same again. Think we may have some further news today as they have the assessors phone number now so..... fingers crossed! Thanks again for your reply Mikey.

Have a good weekend.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts