Fireworks!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 25, 2005
Visit site
I suppose we have done well so far. Not been too many going off. However, just let my little mut out into the garden and all hell has been let loose. Thought it too good to be true! Whatever happened o the so-called 'new law' prohibiting the use of fireworks this early?

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Ann,

I know exactly what you mean. My staff Tyson, is absolutely petrified of fireworks, where I live it's like Beirut some nights going on to well after midnight.

Acording to the police there is nothing they can do. I thought there was a law that was introduced that only allowed fireworks on bonfire night and new year, but the police say fireworks can be set off at anytime up until midnight any night of the year.

What a load of C**p

Graham (Ponty)

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
There are laws relating to fireworks and the Police DO have the power to act.

The Fireworks Regulations 2004

Regulation 4: It is an offence for someone under 18 to possess adult fireworks in a public place.

Regulation 7: It is an offence for any person to set off fireworks between 11pm - 7am. (some dates are excluded)

I have paraphrased the above but you get the gist.

ENFORCEENT: "12.-(1) The possession enforcement duty in England and Wales is hereby transferred to the chief officer of police of each police force and shall be the duty of every chief officer of police in relation to the police area for which the force in question is maintained[15]."

The above is a direct quote from the Regulations.

There is also the Fireworks Act 2003.

----------------------------------------------------------

It would be much simpler AND safer if the only fireworks allowed were for officially licensed displays i.e local authority etc

This way, ANYONE (other than above) having or setting off a firework at any time would commit an offence which would be simple to enforce.

I suppose some will call me a kill joy .... so be it, but I would rather that than more years of injured children, frightened old people and pets and general anti social behaviour.

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Meister,

I for one would not call you a kill joy at all, I totaly agree with you about the officially licensed displays, as you say if would result less children being injured and old people being afraid.

After all in a sence it is celebrating terrorism, Guy Forkes was a terroist in his day. Who knows in three hundred years time they could be celebrating 9/11 for all the wrong reasons!!!

Graham (Ponty)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts