First come, first served.

Oct 30, 2005
Visit site
I suppose this question has been debated before but I will explain my experience.

My brother & sister-in-law pre-booked onto a rally in Llanrwst only because they had a 35 foot motorhome and were told that it was alright for them to come. We were due to arrive two days after it started so my brother was going to tell the steward about our arrival. When he arrived and told the steward he said that it was fully booked. We managed to book onto the Bodnant Caravan Park and we walked across to the rally field. Imagine our surprise when we found the rally field only half full.

Now comes the question. Should rallies be first there, first on or should all pitches be pre-booked?

To my mind rallies should be the former.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
My own view is that rallies should be pre booked and if people do not turn up or warn well in advance that they are not able to they should face a penalty, the lightest being disallowed from attending the next rallies they are booked on with the possibility of still paying for the rally.

I am sure leniency would be applied in the most unfortunate and unpredictable cases but some people do not turn up because they do not like the look of the weather forecast and others double book so they can choose the rally to suit the weather.

I am against first come first served because that would penalise families with schoolchildren, people who are unable to get off work early and people like myself who book months in advance, always turn up and could be turned away from a rally simply because someone else who may have only decided to go that morning got there first.

How could the rally officers know what to expect for the social? (cream teas, night socials etc).

I hate to imagine the disappointment of going all the way to a rally to be turned away.

Our area operates standby places when the rally is full and they will even ring you on the day if someone cancels and you have asked.

If it had been fist come first served and the rally had been full you would have been turned away anyway being 2 days late!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts