First Outing Of The Year

May 7, 2008
Visit site
Just returned from a weekend away near Stroud, Gloucester. Stayed at Apple Tree Farm Campsite and met a few friends with vintage caravans. We took our 1967 Regency Balmoral and towed it with our 1978 Jaguar XJ6 4.2. Anyone else here heading out already with their vintage caravans? Or have any planned rallies/holidays this year?

Regency_Jaguar_zps94013c39.jpg

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Well done Cameron! What a fabulous outfit.
We're stuck at home until March 20th, I'm afraid, but we'll be out until April 10th, home for two weeks then off to France until June 7th, taking in the ECCR of course!

May 7, 2008
Visit site
We'll be seeing you there again Emmerson! Not sure what caravan we're taking yet. The trip was 140 miles to this campsite and we had to stop for fuel half way in the Jag! So not sure it's best to take to Europe. Sadly came home on a recovery truck too as she suffered a blocked carburettor. Better to be safe than sorry. It was the first time that the car had towed in 30+ years. Hoping my Rover P6 might be on the road by then and sorted so we can take that and the smaller Safari 15/4 instead.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
If you plan to use the Jaguar a lot it might be worth while putting it on LPG. Cost you about £1200.
We've booked our ferry and the site in Dover for the night before, and our first week in France.
All I need now is the recon engine in the Range Rover, and its all systems go!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts