First Outing

Sep 2, 2005
Visit site
Just had my towbar fitted, ready to go on my first ever caravan outing. I live in Telford Shropshire and for my first trip I am looking for somewhere this weekend no more than @ 2 hours drive. greatful for any suggestions. cheers, Derek.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
If you are in the C.C.C. Derek Ebury Hill just outside of Shrewsbury is a nice site, wooded with a small lake. It's on the B5062 Newport road from Shrewsbury and easy to get to and find. I've just checked - non members can use it - phone # 01743 709334 The downside is they have no shower block which doesn't concern us because we use our own.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Another one is Lady Margarets Park at Chirk, an easy run for you straight up the A5. Its a C.C. site but guests are welcome and it has all facilities - phone # 01691 777200

Sep 2, 2005
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have now joined the caravan club and the camping and caravanning club (even booked on a towing course). As a first outing I am going to Stanmore Hall as its only about 10-15 miles away so can get back home if I have forgotten anything. Thanks to Peter(Brierly Bonk)for this. On a lighter note, what a great site this is! It not only provides great helpful advice but also tempers this with the tongue in cheek wit and fun from people like Kanga, Daventura, Big Roy and others, who I feel are taken too seriously sometimes by some. Cheers Derek.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have now joined the caravan club and the camping and caravanning club (even booked on a towing course). As a first outing I am going to Stanmore Hall as its only about 10-15 miles away so can get back home if I have forgotten anything. Thanks to Peter(Brierly Bonk)for this. On a lighter note, what a great site this is! It not only provides great helpful advice but also tempers this with the tongue in cheek wit and fun from people like Kanga, Daventura, Big Roy and others, who I feel are taken too seriously sometimes by some. Cheers Derek.
Have a good time derek its a nice site as my memory recalls, good facilities.I remember the ducks always used to pay you a visit for their breakfast and waddle around the park. Lots of rabbits.The Lion at Bobbington does good food, its the pub with a Russian T34 tank in the garden. Now thats what I call a bouncer!!. Last time we stayed their we forgot our water pump and I had to travel the 20 mins back home to get it,picked up a McDonalds from Merry Hell on the way back.Enjoy.

PeterW.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Afterthought, let us know how it went when you get back.

PeterW

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts