First time away NOT in ehu. No water pump or fridge

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi. I have a 2006 coachman Pastiche.
Fully charged leisure battery.
Caravan as level as possible but slightly nosey up

Pump light is on on the panel, but nothing happens when the tap is turned.
Tried a second water pump and same situation.

Fridge, Thetford fridge showing error 9 when on gas symbol. Google suggesting PCB.

Blade fuses checked, all ok.
Circuit breaker checked all on.

Can't think of anything else or am I missing something blazingly obvious?

Changes, not sure it would effect it but giving all information, I installed a motor mover. No other changes since last away on ehu.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We know your not a Numpty, Check the Master Switch is On, Do any lights work.
Check battery terminals are tight,
Use nail file or emery cloth to clean the terminals on the water pump connector,
If that doesn't work and you haven't got a bottle of wine, Find a torch and go to the pub.

Reactions: McLosi
Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
We know your not a Numpty, Check the Master Switch is On, Do any lights work.
Check battery terminals are tight,
Use nail file or emery cloth to clean the terminals on the water pump connector,
If that doesn't work and you haven't got a bottle of wine, Find a torch and go to the pub.
Haha I got a bottle of beer and gave up.
Mains switch is on, I have lights and the gas cooker working, so everything should be good.
Not got anything to clean the contacts on the van, but tried 2 pumps but will see if can get something, it's just we are in a field at a running event, so nothing really to hand!

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Update.
Blade fuse was slightly wonky and not making good contact. So water now working.

Gas fridge and gas water heater still not working.
Check that the gas shut off valves for the fridge and water heater are in the open position.
Not knowing your van, they could be anywhere, in my van they are in a cupboard next to the cooker.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes I got excited when I found them but all are in the on position.
****** !!!!
When I start my fridge on gas it sometimes takes three or four attempts, run the cooker, and try the fridge/ water heater again.
Water heater, have you removed the cover from the outside.

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
****** !!!!
When I start my fridge on gas it sometimes takes three or four attempts, run the cooker, and try the fridge/ water heater again.
Water heater, have you removed the cover from the outside.
Cooked last night and this morning so has has been running though but fridge still saying no.
Not sure there is a cover outside for my heater. It's under the bed.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Cooked last night and this morning so has has been running though but fridge still saying no.
Have a look on the caravan wall outside normally a vertical oblong plastic box, 8" by 4" and should pull off from the bottom.
Maybe something like this.

Screenshot_20240706-130158.jpg

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
You have to remember that there are three individual gas lines to the cooker, water heater and fridge. If you have never used them on gas, the pipes will only contain air. The gas pressure then has to purge all that air before it gets to the burner and ignites.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Given age of van fridge isn't likely to have any electronics especially controlling gas. You maybe able to remove fridges external vents covers and access the burner. Look for some catches in vents, they will most likely slide to unlatch.

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
Given age of van fridge isn't likely to have any electronics especially controlling gas. You maybe able to remove fridges external vents covers and access the burner. Look for some catches in vents, they will most likely slide to unlatch.
Ok thank you. Home now so will have a look tomorrow

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts