first time owners

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi we have just bought our first MH, a compass avantgarde 400. Its needed a little work and there are still a couple of things to sort out,( fridge only works on 240v, needs a new overcab window) but its ready for our maiden voyage!!, and then into the workshop when we are back...

As former caravanners we are familiar with certain things, but find there are a few differences like the onboard water tanks, and switches etc. One question I do have is that the switch for the water is marked pump and run-I think the run refers to the little green light. Would anyone know which position the switch should be in when we are on site and hooked up to 240v ? (down would be run and up would be pump) I could do the trial and error thing, but dont want to damage anything.

Thanks in advance

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The Pump switch is a simple on-off switch, the Run position being on. The switch must be in that position for the taps to work. The pump is on the 12v circuit so works whether one is on hook-up or not.

From your post I am guessing that you don't have an owners handbook. Explorer group have PDF versions of handbooks and brochures going back to 2000 Here. Some handbooks are range specific but in some years they produced one covering all motorhomes. Hopefully there will be one there for the year of your van but if not one of the general ones may help.

Graham

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
thanks very much, incidentally I do have a owners manual but its little things like my question which are not clear in the instructions. Another quirk is that my manual dosent seem to correspond with some of the features we have. Nevermind though, we will just use and enjoy, but I cant say that I wont be asking more silly questions !!

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I think some of the Explorer Group handbooks suffer from being general rather than model specific. As with most marques, details of appliances are better described in the manuals from their manufacturers - Dometic, Truma, Thetford &c.
Didn't someone once say there are no silly questions but it's silly not to ask if you don't know? :)
Graham

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts