FIT MY OWN!

May 18, 2006
Visit site
I am an engineer by trade. I like to buy a vehicle (a large van) and design and fit it myself to the highest standard to end up with a well fitted motor home that meets all the regulations. Can anyone please advice me how to go about to do this. Ideally I like to be trained by a professional fitter/company. Any suggestions would most appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Feri - I think you will have more response by posting your question on the Practical Motorhome forum www.practicalmotorhome.co.uk Mind you it is a far slower forum than this one - you have to wait at least one day before having any response as the set up is very antiquated.

G

Haynes have produced a manual on that very topic. It is written by John Wickersham who has built several of his own and is probably the leading expert on the subject today. His last 'project' even involved making fibreglass panels to ensure a unique shape to his van. Well worth a read.

Just remember it is a bit like kit cars, the enthusiasm can run out quite quickly once the full reality of what is involved sinks in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts