fitting a power mover to an Abbey two birth/Alco chassis.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Mike,

I bought and fitted the reich mover to my first van, Bailey ranger 460/2.

I then removed it and fitted to our next van LMC 520 hte.

I`m not brilliant at DIY, but am a time served electrician, all be it 40 yrs ago, however if you follow the instructions you shouldn`t have much trouble, it took me about two hours.

There are holes to drill thro the floor but dont worry a good sealent soon plugs them.

I bought my Reich from a dealership down south (mail order)I cant remember their name (old age) but they have been mentioned on this forum not long ago, they gave great service, as did Reich UK when I burnt out the control box when fitting to the LMC. Reich UK supplied an exchange box free of charge, lets see you get that from a UK company.

good luck mate Tony A.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
mike ,

I forgot to say there is no need to drill the Chassie as the mover is clamped to it,

Contact R & L Draper Reich movers on phone 01732-743421

or see them on line www.caravanmotormovers.co.uk

May 5, 2005
Visit site
just refitted my reich to another van and it is very straightforward specially if you lift the van a few inches,i used 8"x4" timber which gives you alittle more room underneath,just check the wheells well.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you are considering a new mover lok at Powrwheel. These are a very easy DIY fit and come with 5 year warranty. You will find them very helpful in giving advice if you get stuck. Only drilling is through the floor to take cables (although you may be able to use exisiting vents0 and to fit master isolating switch).

G

My Powrmover included fitting in the cost. Why do it yourself when you can get the expert to do it, plus the warranty will be more valid. Watching the fitter do my van, it is relatively easy provided you like crawing under the van. Spacing the rollers is probably the only part that needs care, and of course making sure you drill the master switch hole in a convenient, but unobtrusive location.

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Mike,

I bought and fitted the reich mover to my first van, Bailey ranger 460/2.

I then removed it and fitted to our next van LMC 520 hte.

I`m not brilliant at DIY, but am a time served electrician, all be it 40 yrs ago, however if you follow the instructions you shouldn`t have much trouble, it took me about two hours.

There are holes to drill thro the floor but dont worry a good sealent soon plugs them.

I bought my Reich from a dealership down south (mail order)I cant remember their name (old age) but they have been mentioned on this forum not long ago, they gave great service, as did Reich UK when I burnt out the control box when fitting to the LMC. Reich UK supplied an exchange box free of charge, lets see you get that from a UK company.

good luck mate Tony A.
Hi,

the company that fit Reich movers are 'R and L Draper' might be 'R & L Draper' when using a search browser. They fitted my Reich and it was not worth the hassle DIY as it was a 4 hour job for the fitter. I am realy pleased with it too. Also I have 14 inch wheels and both a Bulldog Titan and QD44 wheel clamps can be fitted easily. The mover could have gone behind the wheel and Reich supply brackets that allow the Alko sidelift jack to still function, but you would be pushing your luck if you also wanted to retain a spare wheel carrier. They can be moved rearwards but it is not guaranteed outcome. Very dependant on the specific chassis

Cheers

Other Clive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts