Fitting Gas bottles safely

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
got myself 2 x 4kg bottles (prior) to picking up new van on Saturday. When we went to fit, we found it had 4 blocks in the bottom which were spaced too far apart, and a semi circular plastic shroud and strap which was too high so I could not fit the bottle. Have now replaced the 2 bottles for 6kg, but these are obviously much heavier although fit fine? If we have issues with the nose weight and or decide to go back to small bottles or maybe 1 off 6kg and 1 off 4kg as back up, how can I safely pack the 4kg bottle as it does not fit the existing fixings of the caravan? I have an Abbey Expression. Many Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Paul and Ruth, If you really wanted to use 4kg cylinders you could relocate the white blocks to suit the cylinder base and also relocate the straps downwards so they would go round the bottle. Is nose weight really critical for you?

A better option may be to use propane. The gas fitting is the same on both the small and mid size bottles. You could then have mid size and a small bottle and only modify the fixings for one of them. Bear in mind that the cost of gas is more expensive the smaller the bottle so I would use the 7kg bottles if at all possible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts