Fitting Omnistore 6200 on roof

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For some years I've used Fiamma Caravanstore pullout awning on my caravans and have found them pretty good. However old age creeps on and I'm having some problems safely rolling it up and securing with the velcro ties before zipping the bag.
I've been looking at the Thule Oministore 6200 with a manual crank handle operator from ground level. It seems this can be supplied to fit on the roof of a caravan as well as on the sidewall of a motor van, and that this is done by first fixing an adaptor plate. This adaptor plate is fixed to the caravan roof with adhesive, removing the need to drill the roof. and hence no visible fixing inside.
I would also like to know whether/how the adaptor plate/s can be 'unstuck' from the roof should a future owner wish to do so. The Adaptor is quoted as bonded Dekasyl MS5 which I take to be the adhesive ?
My current Coachman Vision 545 appears to have a suitably flat and unobstructed roof space to accommodate the unit, and I can accommodate the additional weight over the Caravanstore without difficulty..
I would be grateful for any feedback or experience with such a unit and particularly if anyone has done a DIY fitting.
The Thule information on line is quite comprehensive but does not cover the sort of detail i'm looking for - they just advise me to contact my 'vehicle supplier'

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I have fitted quite a few of these on the side of caravan's / Motor homes but never on the roof, in saying that they do do the full mounting rail as you have found out, if the rail is bonded full length due to the area that it covers i don't think it will be possible to remove it at a later date due to the amount of and type of adhesive that will be used but i could be wrong.

This firm here have got a few photos of them being fitted to the roof of caravans on one of the comments below one of the photos it is mentioned that the awning has been re-fitted to another van, maybe they will be able to hopefully answer your question about the mounting rail removal.

Nov 4, 2007
Visit site
Rays, I am considering the same transition to the 6200. One caravan repairer told me my LunarDelta roof wasn't suitable. But I got a fitted price from a Thule dealer at the NEC show.
Let us know how things go.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks to the link provided i have contacted Rose awnings and established that I will be able to fit such an awning. This won't be before next summer and not sure whether it will be DIY or fitted

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys

Is there any more update on this? I'm considering getting one (either 6200 or new 6300) fitted to my Bessacarr caravan roof.

Lots of places seem to sell these (without fitting), but there doesn't appear to be any fitting instructions - I know Rose awnings and a couple of other places will fit these by bonding rather than drilling through the roof, but these are too far for me to travel to and they won't come to me. i have a local place who will do this if i can find some instructions as to how. I also need some sizing info for the brackets needed - it looks like the universal flat roof adaptor or the hymer nova may be suitable, but without sizes i can't tell & don't know what to order (I've a roof vent that i need to avoid).

Any advice would be very much welcome, especially from anyone who has experience in fitting (bonding) these to the roof.

nb, caravan is out of warrenty

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Since last post I have been in touch with Hill View Awnings which are nearer to me but probably not other enquirers.
There seems to be an alternative method without big bolts but still with drilled fixings down into the roof to sidewall joints on a caravan. Not very happy about this.
I would have thought it would be possible to have traverse strap's which attach 'over the edge' into the awning rails on each side and which could carry the attachment brackets which are otherwise glued on..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts