Fixed bed caravan layouts?

May 15, 2006
Visit site
I think I may be looking for goose that laid the golden egg - something that doesn't exist with the layout I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a caravan that has an end fixed bed layout, with the toilet & shower room next to it at the rear of the caravan. At the front I'm looking for a standard 2 seat/bed layout, or even an L shaped layout. Side kitchen, wardrobe/storage space.

This tyoe of layout seems reasonably common in 4 and 5 berth vans.

However, the golden goose part of the layout I'd like to find is a caravan with an additional side table & 2 seats which can convert into a single bed.

Every layout I've looked at doesn't seem able to fit this in, with the wardrobe, cupboard space & a small (tv) unit slotted in in between the end bedroom & the front seated area. Obviously, opposite this is the kitchen area - so no space there.

If I didn't want an end bedroom, there'd be no problem, 4/5/6 bed layouts seem to fit this with no problem, however I'm looking long term for when we have children, ideally, we'd prefer the fixed bed so that once the baby/child has gone to sleep in the evening, we don't have the noise etc of making up the front double bed. If we're away for any length of time, we'd set it up before the child went to bed & we'd sit in the awning in the evening, but if the weathers poor or cold, we'd want to sit in the warmth of the van meaning we couldn't have the front seating area ready for bed.

The side bed/seated area would be for a child to use as their play area during the day and as their bed at night.

Hope this makes sense to somebody and its not just rambling request.

Has anybody got any suggestions on a layout that might achieve this?

Thanks in advance

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i wished we had bought a fixed bed now but at the time the car we had wouldnt have pulled it.we have got an avondale 555/6 it has end fixed bunks a side dinette that we usually put down and have as another sofa.if we bought a fixed bed now i would put the kids in there sleeping bags in the single sofas at the front.the little one lucas would have a bedguard.if we took our niece and had a fixed bed i would make the double at the front and put all 3 in there separate sleeping bags.

G

The Cristall 470TKM does a fixed bed layout with separate double dinette and 2 bunks along the back. MTLM is 1200 kg, with an upgrade available to 1500 kg. Talk to Moorland leisure in Stoke on Trent, who are the main importers. The door is now on the lefthand side and they also fit ovens.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts