Fixed bed vans ?premium price

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Please could anyone tell me if a decent used fixed bed caravan sells at premium compared to other vans the same age. Think we have dedided to go for a 4 berth with end fixed bed with toilet and sep shower down side but if we get better value for our money (around £7k) by compromising we may have to think about it a bit more! Reason we want fixed bed is that my daughter can go to bed early and I will still have somewhere to relax. Not keen on the wash areas being squeezed in at side of fixed bed though. The best value unit we have found so far is Swift Charisma 555, 2005 with awning and motor mover for £7.5k ono.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We've had our fixed bed Swift Speedbird since 2000. It's based on the Swift Toscane, (see http://www.marktnet.nl/SWIFT-TOSCANE-490-2436-WINTERKORTING-bouwjaar-2001-3074509.htm) which was built for the Dutch market, but the fixed bed type van was certainly available in other makes at the same time - so there are some older models around. I suppose, like us, maybe people tend to keep them because they've found a model which suits them - usually they're owned by older couples who want the convenience of a made up bed, and don't need much 'family space' at the front end, or a large bathroom.

I'm not sure that they're at a premium - the trade-ins we've been offered certainly don't suggest that! (And we've thought abut selling it in Europe because the price in Euros for this one is a heck of a lot more than we've been offered!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts