flat screen tv '& where to put it'!!

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
not got a 'van yet. looking for something for the wife, the dog & me. a tv is a 'must'. in a typical 3/4 berth 'van where do you put a flat screen tv (noooo not there!) really i'd like it wall/unit mounted. out of the dog's way! any 'novel' ideas. bet you've all got 100's! thanks in advance. ps: & i don't mean a 42 inch tv (just a regular 'van sized one)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
In our caravan which is an Abbey 620 we put the tv freestanding on top of the unit over the fire opposite the sink. There are numerous mounting brackets available but a lot depends on the layout of the caravan that you buy and where the aerial and 240v sockets are located.

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
As Parksy says it will all depend on the van layout - ours is a twin dinette so basically if you want all to see the TV from the normal seating positions then its on the front chest between the seats.
This is actually becoming more of an issue now we all have flat screens - if you are at too much of an angle the picture can't be seen

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I have fitted a under shelf mounting which can be moved to the best viewing position quite easily, & in the bedroom i have fitted one onto the side of the wardrobe, both are fitted with quick release mounts.

I would post some photos of how i did it but the gremlins seem to have been & removed the box from the top of the reply screen....

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
i fitted mine on he wardrobe after suitably reinforcing the side.

i used a revable bracket
https://castlebrackets.co.uk/105-cantilever-bracket-supports-12-24-tv-s-silver.html

mine is slightly smaller but the bracket fits onthe tv then the "dovetail" mount fits on the wardrobe side. Its out of the way, does not take up a shelf and can be removed fromt he wall mount by releasing a simple clip for travelling.

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi barryevans, I have a challenger 450/5se. It has a dinett at the rear with a bunk. I used to pull the top bunk out a bit and site it on there. I then strenthened the wood board that comes at a right angle from the door by putting a peice of the same colour wood on both sides, then I bought a swivel wall fitting for the small flat panel tv's and hung it there.
When the bed is made up at the rear its not in the way and you can push it back out of the way during the daytime. Ofcourse you can buy a brand new caravan which has the tv cupboard already in it. If only I hear you say.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts