flickering page

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Agreed!! - And here's me thinking it was my 'equipment' - for "years"!, - at least I now know it's not just me. The times I've gone to the wrong thread as it has jumped just as you click. Annoying.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This was an issue not long after the current format was introduced. I pointed out at the time that they could prevent this continual shifting up and down as adverts loaded by preforming the page with the space the advert takes up. I wonder if this has been lost in an upgrade?

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Simply upgrade your browser and use an add blocker......as suggested by Sprocket.

I use Firefox with AB+ with no problems but make no recommendations.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
I'm on Chrome with Adblock+.

I've just added this to my Chromebook and it has stopped the top advert and therefore the flicking, but it appears to make the page loading slower.

Edit - added it to my desktop as well, same effect, no jittering but slower loading.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

Sorry for my tardiness in replying to this thread. Yes, as some of you have correctly pointed out, if the page takes a while to load and the page is loading an ad that's deeper than standard, the content might jump down a little. I agree, it is very frustrating and something we are aware of.

Thanks for persevering.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts