fly screen in roof vent

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi all.
Does anyone know how to remove the flyscreen in the roof vent for cleaning? been out to the van this afternoon to give it a good wash and brush up prior to packing and thought the roof vent flyscreen near the cooker could do with a good clean (seems a bit greasy) it wont clean in situ properly and I can't see any way of removing it save taking out the 8 retaining screwws and taking off the whole btm of the vent off but I'm a bit worried about breaking the top seal.
it does not appear to un clip from the housing.
the vent does not appear to have a makers name on it, the only description I could give is it's about 2ft square with a blind integrated into the flap, the outer edge of the btm section has slots on all 4sides for ventilation,
thanks in advance
colin

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi guys
guess its like the brake question no ones come across it before ??
anyway does not matter now as I tried to remove it this morning and broke it. so had to replace the whole roof vent £82 worth but at least its now nice and clean. it was a MPK 480x480.
thanks again for your help.

colin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh dear -too late, I wa going to suggest replacing it with an Omnivent which has an extract fan too. The screen comes off easily, four screws in the corners.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts