Fog Lights

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I had a very interesting reply to my post about number plates.

Someone has foglights that don't come on if the caravan is hooked up and the foglights operate on it. The idea being not to dazzle the car's foglights on the front of the caravan.

I know the amount of time they are used is minimal but this sounds a great idea. Imagine motoring along in the fog bathed from behind in a wall of red light!

Not really any question with this post. Just thought I would share.

The only possibe question would be. What do you think?

Cheers

Rob.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
It was me that replied, My car is a Zafira with a factory fitted towbar and 13pin electrics. The car knows when the caravan is connected and the rear fog light on the car does not work. It is really good and makes a lot of differance.

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
on the 7 pin plug it is done by a simple contact which opens inside the socket (if you have that option) this caused me an MOT fail when I had not realised that the contact was corroded.

Jan 31, 2008
Visit site
I have a VW Tiguan and just had the detachable towbar and electrics fitted by PCT. The tester checked everything and all seemed in order. However, on hitching up the van the foglights would not operate on the rear of the van. It turns out that the rear lights/foglight switches off whenn the hatch door is opened, and when connected to a van. The fitter has to come back out and do a by-pass to sort it out.

I haven't checked it yet with the van but will be the next time we hitch up.

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
I utterly HATE rear fog lights! the closest I came to a crash in fog was caused by the glare from the rear fog lights on the car in front swamping the brake and indicator lights so that when the car indicated and braked to turn right, I failed to see anything but the glare from the fog lights, I stopped with plenty to spare but it was brown trousers time especially as it was a police car!.

In my book the only time I ever use Rear fogs is in VERY dense fog and travelling slowly or stationary AND there is no vehicle visible behind, as soon as I can see a vehicle behind me, I switch them off so they can see the most important lights, the brake lights.

Things are better these days with high level brake lights but rear fogs still irritate me more than anything.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
My front fog lights are the adaptive ones,so you may think i look daft but on for a reason and good for seeing around bends.

I bet led day time running lights irritate you too?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts