Food Grade Hose????

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Just wanted to ask is it necessary to use special hose to connect water direct to aquaroll?

Drinking water is always boiled for tea etc so would a normal hosepipe be safe?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Robert,

It is definitely a good idea to use food grade hoses.

The reason is that the hoses use chemicals in their manufacture to provide the flexibility to the material.in the cheaper garden hoses the either a cheaper chemical is used or it is not 'fixed' as effectively and it leaches out into the water in the hose.

Thats one of the reasons that old hoses become less flexible.

Food grade hoses lock the plasticisers more effectively.

Avoid using yellow hoses or fittings, as the colour is often derived from cadmium the exception is if they definately state they are food grade.

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I miss placed my filler pipe and used ordinary hose to fill the Aquaroll, everything tasted like TCP, tea cofee everything even though the water was boiled ,yuk.

Use food grade its much better.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Matty, your water should not taste of TCP. I'd suggest that your system needs a good flush out with a purifier - Milton perhaps, or one of the proprietary brands.Water should only taste of water!

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
boiling the water may kill all the bacteria ,but not the chimicals from a none food grade hose ,for a few pounds more why take the risk with your family ,some chemicals take years to come out

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts