Food grade hose

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
It may be specific to the water supply within the place where we live, but it was cause for concern nevertheless and it could just as well apply to the water in the freshwater tank in the caravan.
I can certainly understand it being in the mains supply would be of great concern, though here thankfully our water utilities have at least in that regard a very good track record.
I have no concerns here in the UK of drinking freshly, and directly drawn utility supplied water, on any bio contamination issue.
I have been involved in having utility water tested quite a bit. It's always been good, any issues have always been related to lack cleanliness with the faucets themselves, not the supply.

It is higher a risk in our caravans for several reasons, predominantly that the chorine used as a biocide would very quickly dissipate, added to that, wet surfaces being exposed to air and the higher temperatures could introduce and culture it. Personally I think the risk are low though the consequences very serious

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Each to his own of course, Me? I have more important things to concern myself with. Life is far too short to worry about what a few tens of litres of might pick up whilst transiting through a few metres of hosepipe a few times a year.
Now if my daily water supply came through a hosepipe then I would certainly ensure it was a food grade pipe, but feeding g my caravan? Nah !

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
It also depends on how often you drain the system in the caravan. As we don’t drink what’s in the tank, I only drain it once a year before the frost sets in. The rest of the time there’s always water in the tank.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Lot NZ dump stations will have short hose permanently attached to tap for rinsing out cassettes and greywater tanks. Tourists hiring RVs quite often use it to fill freshwater tank. Pointed out to one couple that that hose they inserted into water inlet had be inside quite a few cassettes.
They promptly removed it and used a 10M garden hose supplied with van to fill it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts