For attention of MikeyW

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
or anyone else in "the know"

Mike, your source of information on the price and weight differential of the new Unicorn compared to Pegasus seems to have been spot on. Is same source able to confirm or not the statement in September Practical Caravan re the Unicorn equipment i.e. "Chassis options include the Alko ATC stability system, Secure wheel lock and hitch mounted stabiliser. The Tracker system for retrieving a stolen caravan is fitted as standard".

Seems strange that equipment currently fitted as standard is going to be an option on what is supposed to be their top of the range model.

Apr 18, 2006
Visit site
Rob-T

I think PC means the different model builds,when it says

chassis options.ATC etc.are standard.Unless somebody knows different.

Regards,

FrankE.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Frank,

I read it as the atc, locks and stabiliser were all options only the Tracker is mentioned as being standard. All four of these are currently standard fit on all the equivalent Pegasus models and were also standards on the equivalent series 6 Senators which were replaced by the Pegasus.

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Rob-T

Everything including ATC, Alko lock, hitch stabiliser, alarm / tracker & shockers etc... should be fitted as standard, same as Senator, or so I've been told.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
I would agree that all should be fitted as standard in " top of the range" caravan but it definitely reads in magazine as the three I mention being chassis options. To me options are normally chargeable extras - perhaps just a typo.

Thanks Mike and all who took the time to reply.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Rob T

Mikey is spot on as far as I know from my local dealer. They tell me the Unicorn will be superior to my Wyoming. The insulation spec is excellent according to the blurb I've seen. It has the wet Alde heating system and boasts "four seasons" usability.

Thus I am sure the running gear will have all the safety systems as suggested.

Officially due at dealers 12th August. You can bet some dealers will have it earlier.

Cheers

Dustydog

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Dustydog, I did think that would be the case re the spec of the van, that paragraph in the mag surprised me a little.

I've had a look at Baileys blurb for the van, think their micro website goes live on 12th August, with vans in dealers from 1st Sept although I would expect some to have them earlier. I know my local dealership had the Pegasus in before the official launch date. Just interested to see the new van when it comes out, nothing else intended (yet!)

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I've been assured everything listed will be standard even the chest of drawers in the front, which was an option on the Peg & Oly. I've already put a deposit down for a Valencia to replace my Indiana. Hope to see a Unicorn next week but not sure which model.

Mike

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Dear All

Sorry for the confusion. Everything mentioned is standard on the Unicorn. By chassis options, we were referring to the options that the manufacturer has taken from Al-Ko. It seemed OK when I wrote it, but I can see that it is very confusing now!

If you have any more questions, I'm taking the Seville out next tuesday so should be able to clear up any further questions!

Regards

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for that Nigel. Will you report on your trip on this forum or will we have to wait till next months PC magazine? To be honest the wife and I were a little disappointed with this months review but I guess you don't have much info yet. It will be nice to see the official weights and measures when they come out and also the price, even though I've already ordered.

Mike

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification Nigel.

You're certainly keen on it Mike, ordered one and you don't even know the price! Obviously money is no object to you, lol

Have you got a delivery date?

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Dear All,

Spent the day at Cheddar C&CC site with the Seville today. In case anyone fancies a peek, there were two on display at Chipping Sodbury Caravans today. With the factory on shutdown, I imagine they will be there for a few days...

Regards

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
MikeyW said:
I've already put a deposit down for a Valencia to replace my Indiana. Hope to see a Unicorn next week but not sure which model.
Mike

Hi Mike (if you're still around the forum), Did you manage to see a Unicorn? if so what model and what was your opinion?
Robert

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Good luck with the new van when it comes Mike.
We're still waiting to see any of the models up here in deepest Scotland. You'll probably have your van delivered by the time I get a look at one!

Robert

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Local dealer has taken delivery of two Unicorns, Valencia and Seville, but not unfortunately the one we really wanted to see, the Barcelona.
They both looked good, the Seville especially took my fancy although I don't think I could go away from a fixed bed model. What I found strange was that the Seville ( 2 berth) had stacks of wardrobe space with good deep areas for using coathangers where as the Valencia (4 berth) had less than half the wardrobe space and even the space it did have was quite shallow, especially at one end of the wardrobe where it got narrower due to the angle it is built. doubt if you could get a full size hanger in at that end.
I thought the new modified front with the changes to help prevent damage from stone chips looked o.k. The photographs posted on the web of these modifications had me a little worried, didn't really like it but much better in reality.
Dealer is hoping to have a Barcelona in soon so will go and have a look at that when it arrives.
Robert

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
The Barcelona is an extended version of the Valencia with more space in the middle section and a huge fridge/freezer. To be honest I didn't look to hard at the wardrobe in the Valencia but the wife said it was adequate for our needs so that was good enough for me. :)

Regards

Mike

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
MikeyW said:
To be honest I didn't look to hard at the wardrobe in the Valencia but the wife said it was adequate for our needs so that was good enough for me. :) Regards Mike

I would advise you try and get that in writing Mike, that way you will be in the clear when she complains about not enough room for all her clothes :) On second thoughts don't bother, it will still be your fault anyway, lol

On a more serious note I found that in both the models I looked at there were faulty catches on the overhead lockers at the front of the vans. I'm sure they just need some minor adjustment but why aren't these things checked out before the vans leave the factory? If i do go ahead and place an order I will be doing a closer inspection on collection than I have done in the past. To be honest though my local dealership is normally very good at checking things over and rectifying any problems with the minimum of fuss.
Another thing I noticed is they have done away with the heavy freestanding table with the fold out sections, back to a much lighter version, my wife can barely lift the current table ( well, that's the excuse she uses ). The pull out table on the front set of drawers seems to give more space than previously.
Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts