for mac re the vendee

Feb 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello mac saw your post on france you say the vendee is nice were of there to st jean de monts staying at les amiaux never been to france before just wondering if you have heard to this camp site or can give me any advise on the area thanks colin

May 22, 2008
Visit site
Colin,

I am also heading to St Jean De mont in july, seems a nice place , but can`t get my head around the road numbering system, as the numbers , letters change for no apparent reason.

Any advice??

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin,

I have never been to the campsite you mention but I've heard it's good. The area is great. The weather is almost as good as that of the Cote D'Azur, so a good beach holiday in the main summer season is usually assured. The whole of the west coast from St Nazaire south to the Gironde estuary is beach almost all the way, mostly backed by pine forests which are great for cycling - full of cycle tracks so well worth taking bikes or hiring when you get there.

St Jean de Monts is a super resort. The streets leading off from the esplanade are full of small tourist shops but you have to travel further inland to reach the main town centre and market.

There is lots to do such as sailing, windsurfing, quadbiking, horseriding etc etc. There is a great waterpark called the Atlantic Toboggan which is well worth a visit and if you play golf there is a fantastic golf course.

A visit to the parc "Puy Du Fou" is a must (www.puydufou.com/uk)but make sure you give it a full day otherwise you wont get round everything.

There is so much do do and see in the area you will not be disapointed. Have a great holiday.

Feb 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Colin,

I have never been to the campsite you mention but I've heard it's good. The area is great. The weather is almost as good as that of the Cote D'Azur, so a good beach holiday in the main summer season is usually assured. The whole of the west coast from St Nazaire south to the Gironde estuary is beach almost all the way, mostly backed by pine forests which are great for cycling - full of cycle tracks so well worth taking bikes or hiring when you get there.

St Jean de Monts is a super resort. The streets leading off from the esplanade are full of small tourist shops but you have to travel further inland to reach the main town centre and market.

There is lots to do such as sailing, windsurfing, quadbiking, horseriding etc etc. There is a great waterpark called the Atlantic Toboggan which is well worth a visit and if you play golf there is a fantastic golf course.

A visit to the parc "Puy Du Fou" is a must (www.puydufou.com/uk)but make sure you give it a full day otherwise you wont get round everything.

There is so much do do and see in the area you will not be disapointed. Have a great holiday.
Thanks for the reply mac

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
As I said on this subject before use one of the route planners, I use mappy.com & set it for caravan.

Buy your fuel from the suppermarkets, cheaper than on the auto routes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts