For Steve in Leo.

Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi Steve,

As previously posted, I drive a car to tow my van. And whilst my 406 turbo petrol will tow my van it doesnt realy have enough weight and torque to make it a comfortable tow. I'm looking for a Volvo 7 seater at the moment but getting a low milage one is proving difficult. I need one as Ive just inherited another two grand children. Although I would like a big 4x4(and sod the government) I know I cant afford one or run it. Much the same as you. What ever you choose be happy with it.

All the best,

Don

May 21, 2008
Visit site
HI Donald.

Volvo estates at non spaceship miles are a very rare find. Every budding antique dealer has one and boy they get abused.

You may wish to consider a Mercedes diesel, they are very reliable indeed and have a very well built body that resists rusting well. I regularly see a 1983 estate around town and if it were to sport a private plate you'd age it at mid 90's.

I looked at Volvo's myself before going for my mk1 Laguna. Main plus's were good boot space for two labradors, top opening tailgate window for fresh air to the dogs, good fuel economy (42 Mpg solo, 29.5Mpg towing) and reliability. Having owned 16 renaults over the past 25 years probably swayed it too, and the fact that I've never spent more than

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts