For the attention of Swift Group

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
There is a topic on this page by Alan about aluminium windows. This relates to Bailey vans, but John says it is also a problem on some Swift models. Bearing in mind many of us will be attending the NEC next week, could Swift consider this issue as there may be prospective purchasers amongst us. Well, I will be later this year and at the moment it is a Swift.

Thank you

Alex

Feb 17, 2008
Visit site
I am looking into purchasing a new caravan over the next few weeks. I have looked at some 07 model challengers/gts/awards, they have aluminium windows. The 08 models do not, this is sold as a step backwards with this range by the dealers - they also lack the external electric and bbq points, and heavy duty corner steadies. So have the windows changed due to complaints or to cut costs? It seems obvious which is better from these posts. Thanks

Jonathan

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jonathan

Have you got this round th ewrong way or I have misread you??

We did a full reasearch last september and narrowed the choice down to the Swift Conqueror 630 or Bailey Wyoming ( Senator).

They all came as "2008" models with heavy duty steadies bbq points and external electric point plus the infamous aluminium windows.

Are you saying this is not the case now in February 2008?

Cheers

Alan

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i have the new 08 sterling elite onyx and it has the outside bbq point, ali windows but the front ones are not, outside socket, heavy duty corner steadies etc etc. where did you go to see these vans?.

jo-anne

Feb 17, 2008
Visit site
Conqueror/Spectrum/supreme have all the goodies, they used to be similar in spec to the challenger/gts/etc but they have down spec'ed the challengers for 08. Which left me wondering whether to go for the last years model, which was only a few hundred pounds cheaper after no p/x cash price. Probably go to the show and have a good look. I used to have a spectrum with alluminium windows, and don't remember any problems with them right up to when some nicked it, after 4months of owning it!

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
johnathon now i do remember something about this. i was told that the 08's are cheaper than the 07's because they have taken a few toys off them that might be why we are all getting confused.

if i remember im sure it was swift that told me.

im sure they will answer your question on monday when they return.

jo-anne

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts