Ford and Lunar

Oct 10, 2006
Visit site
I drive a 94(M) Mondeo 2.0L and i have just bought a 1992 Lunar Clubman 510/4(beautiful van).I cant find any info on their weights,could anyone tell me if this is a good marriage,Many thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Chris,

Both the car and the caravan should have data plates fixed to them that carry the essential information you need.

If in doubt contact the dealers or manufactures about weights/masses. information supplied through a forum must not be assumed to be correct - it could be wrong, and that may mean you are using an illegal outfit.

G

As John L correctly states, there should be manufacturer's plates to tell you the information, especially of the van. If it is an ALKO chassis then there is an ALKO plate in the middle of the axle casing. Car plates often only tell you axle loadings and the maximum train weight, not kerb weight. If any doubt, use a weighbridge. For about 7 pounds it will tell you exactly what your outfit weighs.

I suspect you will be within the legal weights but a 2 litre petrol car is going to eat fuel when towing. Be prepared for consumptions in the low to middle teens, especially as you are unlikely to be able to use 5th gear.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts