Ford Galaxy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
purchased a 03 tdi last year, going through its first winter with us am very concerned about the air con unit. the booster heater sounds like a jet engine and stays on for more than the suggested 10mins, the controls seem to have a mind of their own and even when I put it on manual the levels still fluctuate. After numerous conversations with ford about this still no nearer understanding whats going on. Please any diesel galaxy owners able to tell me if this is common in new models?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
having worked for ford for over 20 years i have worked on many ford galaxy / seat & vw version . although there some trim differences under that they are all the same.

the booster heater has been known to be noisier than what people expect because it does not come on all the time & usually it is on first start up when cold when all the neighbours are still asleep.

the issues that i am aware off are excessive smoke emitted from the booster exhaust which is caused by a faulty glow plug within the unit , there is a modified one available & it takes about 1 hour to fit. your ford dealer should know this anyway but you should have a warranty for 3 years it was bought in the uk.

as far as the noise there has been some concerns by some galaxy owners but i would try & listen to another one first.

as for the 10 minute on time this is approximat as the unit is helping to increase the warm up time of the coolant so as to improve fuel economy & keep the emissions to a minimum so may depend on ambient air temperature.

hope this helps cheers.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I had a long standing problem with our heater. I could cope with the noise as you can usualy only hear it when you turn the ignition off, and it sounds like a batcar. I had problems with it smoking, fumes coming into the passenger compartment, not working and strange ticking noises coming from it. For 2 years, I tried to convince Ford that it wasnt right and they only fixed it when the waranty ran out. Tha car also rattles and creaks.

This wasn't a cheap car (

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have similar issues with my new X-Trail.

What really gets up my goat is that my 1968 Ford Cortina 1600 L had super efficient heating and demisting with just two little slidey controls and a two speed fan.Progress??..I don't think so.

TRENDING THREADS