Ford Mondeo Estate Suspension upgrade.

Sep 10, 2006
Visit site
I bought the Mondeo 2.0 tdci estate for the extra load carrying space and extra pulling power. I tow a 1992 Swift Corvette (Only 1000kg full laden) but as posted elsewhere on this site, I have noticed from day one that the rear end sits very low when loaded and hitched up. The caravan is loaded correctly and the nose weight correct - I check it with a nose weight guage every trip. Apart from this it does a great job of towing and is very fuel efficient when not towing.

Suggestions have been made in many different forums that the Mondeo has a reputation for having 'Soft' suspension. This is a bit of a worry as I am now considering a bigger newer caraven. Short of ditching the Mondeo for a tow vehicle with beefier rear suspension my only option seems to be a suspension upgrade. I am looking for expert advice hear. Can this be done? Is it worth while? (Or is a diifferent tow vehicle the way to go). Is it expensive? How easy is it to do? Which manufacturer to choose?

Lots of questions - any and all advice would help

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Michael, I has a 2000 estate and fitted pump up baloons which located inside the springs. They were pumped up via a gauge that was fitted in the rear load area. They were excellent and easy to set a level ride. I usually had the car well loaded when not towing so I kept them at the same pressure all the time ( 3 years).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts