foreign vans ?

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
i'm a little confused by all the talk of british vans being inferior to foreign vans, allright ive only been caravanning for 6 years now but in that time ive had experiance of 3 coachman vans and now an ace. I can honestly say that none of the vans have given me any concerns what so ever, all the coachmans came with a five year water ingress warranty and none ever leaked nothing ever fell off them and nothing ever broke. bearing in mind that the vans where used for an average of 80 - 90 nights away each year with two adults two teenage kids and two dogs i think they stood up remarkably well to the use they had. i can't really comment on the ace yet as its only 2 weeks old, but apart from one slightly damaged trim which was spotted on the handover by glossop caravans there appears to be absolutely nothing wrong with it. We did look at the defflefs range and the hymer range but just could not stand the the interior look, it was as if they had raided an ikea store which is something i personally really do not like. obviously its down to individual taste and if we where all alike it would be a very boring world. from a build quality point of view coachmans are more than a match for any foreign van, the walls are just as thick the roof is able to take the weight of an adult and the floor is as thick and they have a better insulation class than most of the foreign vans as they are originally designed for this country as opposed to being converted for british use. I only hope that the ace we now have lives up to my expectations or it will be back on the forecourt this time next year, i only bought it due to wife and kid pressure i would have had another laser. i also hear so many people complaining that they do not want showers and ovens in the vans, have they never been on a site where the shower block is busy, or on a rally where own sanitation is essential, as for the oven, i'm in quite a well paid job but still can not warrant spending 50 pounds plus per night eating out and do not even mention microwaves, i prefer my food cooked not agitated. and a microwave is a lot heavier than an oven both in bulk and power consumption. it also confuses me as to if these foreign vans are so good, why do we not see that many on site ? last week there was not one on a site with over two hundred pitches. please do not get my rantings wrong, i'm not against foreign vans i just feel agravated by unwarranted comments regarding our own countrys products, lets not forget that not too many years ago bmw, vw and some other german car makers where regarded as the best in the world, but not anymore, (jd power survey).any way enough of my rantings, what is your experiance, the only way we will know the good from the bad is if we tell each other. PROUD TO BE BRITISH.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John, we've had 3 English vans - 1 Avondale Perle & 2 Lunar Deltas, we bought our 4th van last year, our first foreigner - a Caravelair Eden 472 after doing the rounds around several dealers on the A38 in Somerset. So why did we go foreign? - probably for the same reason that most people now drive foreign made cars - the van offered us a better layout, equipment, weight and price by about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts