Forest Holidays - Woodland site Forest of Dean

Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
Hi has anyone used this site and could they give me some feedback thanks - 1st time out in our van - very excited but would like to know if our bubble is about to be burst!

May 27, 2006
Visit site
we`ve always used Christchurch site next door but often looked at Woodlands and thought how peacefull it looks in comparisome.

You actually book in via the Christchurch site reception which also has a small shop serving Christchurch, Bracelands (at the bottom of the hill) and Woodlands.

No toilets etc has always been our excuse for not using it.

A fantasic area locally to explore tho..enjoy it all.

Word has it that now C&CC have taken over management things will change but NOT till next year

May 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi there Jane.

We have used the bracelands site now for about 10 years.

In the main we have been very happy with the standards both of the main toliet block (there are two to choose from) and the overall way the site is kept. There are some beautiful views across the woods and valley. It is a very large site which also hosts schools, scouts youth clubs etc albeit in their own fields away from the other campers. Atmosphere around the site has always been good with friendly staff - that is until this year. They have now installed a security barrier at the entrance to the fields which is operted by a plastic swipe key but is then permantently locked between the hours 10pm and 7am.

We went out one evening and arrived back at 10.03pm and wasnt allowed onto the site with our car. It had to be left outsite the site on the lane area. For most people this wouldnt be a problem but we have a large disabled dog that cant walk and needed to be carried over 500yds to where our caravan was pitched because the wardens refused to open the barrier.

They gave some excuse as to why the gate needed to be locked at 10pm in the middle of summer.How early is that if you go out for the evening?

I have posted full details on here on another topic but wasnt allowed to name the site due to this sites rules.

Doubt if we will go back.

If you want to know more send me an e-mail and i will speak with you direct.

TRENDING THREADS